Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lockdown until further notice

Due to Jr. horses illness I had already started my protocol to reduce exposure and cross contamination where I could. The test results are in and it's official, Jr has Strangles. I don't know the strain but in any case notices went up and we are not able to haul in/out which for me is fine. Spent the day taking temps, cleaning feet and spraying down with bleach solution and fly spray on all 3 horses. It was good to see other owners taking the same measures. If we all do our part maybe we can keep the case count to the current two sick individuals and they can get well and life can get back to normal. I know it's gonna be a long 30 days .... I think it's just natural to wonder how and question why but in this case there is no bad guy. It's just unfortunate it has happened and all we can do now is support our friends and do what we can to get through the nightmare.

Junior & his mom, your in our thoughts and we wish you a speedy recovery

No comments: