Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh my aching....

The promise of a nice weekend was just too much. We hit the trail fairly early, the horses were in fine form. After going around the berry field for our warm up we headed in and at the log crossing someone(trail biker)had remodeled the area and banked both sides of the log. I guess they get tired carrying their bike over the log. My horse can step over the log. They should too in my humble opinion. Gotta share? Share nice. I managed to get Rocket over a spot in the under brush but he was not thrilled. The other end is just too high off the ground, it would require jump and that is not safe in that location. As I got over we met friends riding their Icelandic horses and they just could not make it so we removed the stuff banking the log. Back in business we were off passing with a friendly hello. It was beautiful, quiet except for the birds that were busy chattering. I have no idea how long we were riding when we met up with another set of barn friends and joined their group. Found more spots were more trail modifications were done by cutting down smaller trees. Passed quite a few other riders. One group in particular put on a show when unloading their horses. The back horse just could not find the reverse gear and they were pulling on it's tail, picking up it's feet and who knows what else. We stopped to watch in case there was a huge horse explosion. The horse finally came bursting out with a scream. Then on to number 2... why oh why.. they let the confused horse turn around from the slant load stall to walk out head first. That was not a pretty sight. The poor thing looked like a pretzel. They thought the whole thing was so funny, laughing. Why can't people practice loading and unloading at home and make it safer for everyone?????? Well we finally decided we had had more than enough :) and when I checked my watch, oh my gosh! 4.5 hours had gone by. NO WONDER my a#! is so sore this morning! OK, almost time for day #2... stay tuned. I may only make it around the field before crying uncle.

No comments: